Position Description: Medical Image Analysis Intern/Co-op
Prepare and maintain medical imaging database for development of image segmentation algorithms to automatically locate objects and delineate them in medical images of patients before and after radiation therapy. Evaluate the quality of image data. Provide feedback to improve database management.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepare and test radiation therapy imaging data sets, analyze results against reference data sets, and characterize disease anomalies that affect current algorithm performance;
- Score and classify medical imaging data;
- Contour and annotate anatomical objects in medical images;
- Aid the development of image segmentation algorithms implemented in Medical Image Processing Group (MIPG) at University of Pennsylvania;
- Discuss modifications of database management based on an understanding of the underlying algorithms;
- Student pursuing B.S. or M.S. in Bio-engineering or other relevant science program;
- Knowledge and experience in medical imaging and image processing;
- Ability to work with clinical personnel for gathering image data, understanding requirements, and validating results;
- Knowledge and experience with Linux;
- Familiar with industry standards for imaging (DICOM) preferred;
- Experience with test automation mechanisms that reduce manual labor is preferable;
- Interest in and exposure to machine learning, deep learning, and/ or pattern recognition is a plus.
The position in located in the University City section of Philadelphia, in close proximity to University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University.
For further information, or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org